With more than 12 years’ in the music industry, Skylar Entertainment has established a reputation as an honest, dedicated and creative PR agency. From International celebrities to local indie projects, they utilize strategic experience, creative skills and solid relationships to increase industry, media and public awareness.
As an active FACTOR Juror, Diane Foy knows what it takes to launch a successful album release and has participated in panels for Music Ontario, Indie Week, North by North East and the Northern Ontario Music & Film Conference. Media outlets have sought her out for interviews including Straight Talk on Sun News Network (PR Crisis Management for Celebrities), CanWest News (Image & Branding), Indie Can Radio on XM (Music Industry & PR), chartattack (Music Industry & PR), fyi Music (Queen of the Industry), Canadian Music Network and Spill Magazine (Industry Expert).
Artists have been featured on Entertainment Tonight, etalk, Canada AM, Much Music, Much More Music, YTV, Breakfast Television, Sun TV and in Canadian Musician, Exclaim, Globe and Mail & every major weekly, daily & digital media outlet across Canada and beyond.
Whenever we have been to Canada, Diane has stepped up, gotten us great press, and brought good people into our circle.
Diane Foy is one of a handful of publicists that are actually down to earth and treats people like human beings instead of automatons. She gets the job done with minimum stress and maximum efficiency. I so appreciate her!
I had interviews in pretty much every city on the last national tour. She also went above and beyond in pitching me to industry and spreading the word.
Diane Foy has shown a truly professional, reliable and efficient work ethic that is rare in this industry.
Diane is a personable and diligent worker. She produced results for us when we needed them and stayed on top of all angles with thorough and thoughtful follow-up.
When you want the word out, Diane Foy is the one. She has done a great job for Sudden Death Records. Diane is inventive and determined and will dig up max publicity.
Diane is highly charismatic and really cares about her clients, ensuring they are at the right events at the right time, meeting the right people in order to help them build their brand.
I have been involved with a number of Publicist’s over the years, but Diane Foy is hands down one of the best.
Diane is well-known in the industry and has an outstanding reputation among journalists. I have worked with her many times and she is always available to provide info or to coordinate interviews.
Diane is a diligent and thorough publicist who has the best interests of her clients at heart. Diane has her finger on the pulse of the entertainment world, and is a pleasure to work with!
Diane knows what I need and always seems to put the needs of me and her clients first. She rolls with the punches and tells it like it is.
Diane has certainly picked up the pace- I’m impressed with how she stays on top of it. …we can see the results
Diane’s dedication and attention to detail, coupled with her love of music, made her an obvious choice for us. Her efforts on behalf of our artists has been of the highest quality.
- CD Release & Tour Publicity – Whether you want to increase local or regional buzz or you are set for a full national tour, we will target the media right for your project. We target all possible opportunities from daily/weekly papers & blogs to national magazines & TV.
- International Music Blogs: Why limit your audience to your home country when there are thousands of music bloggers around the world looking to showcase the next big thing. We will target bloggers and influencers in your niche music genre and solicit spotlights, reviews and interviews to increase your profile.
- Festival Publicity: At festivals there are many artists competing for the same few media spots & for getting industry and fans out to their showcases. A plan of action and a publicist with the right contacts are vital in getting noticed in the crowd.
- Social Media Consulting: These days social media is vital to success and if the artist is not active on key platforms they are missing out on important fan connections and media opportunities. We can provide social media training and give tips on how to best utilize it to increase the artists profile.
- Biography Writing: Professional Bio writing consists of an interview, rough draft, edits and final version.
- Photography: The quality of your artist photographs are often the deciding factor on whether or not the media will feature the artist. Diane Foy is an experienced photographer that will work with the artist to ensure the images are in line with the artists brand.
Acres of Lions
Before the Flood
Beyond The Mountain
Blue Skies At War
Cee Knowledge (Doodlebug of Digable Planets’)
Decade of Sleep
Emily Weedon & Delta
Five Alarm Funk
Georgia Germein & the Germein Sisters
Go For The Eyes
Hyena Dog Robbery
Myla X Dafusia
Needle and The Pain Reaction
Paul James Berry
Phil Solem (The Rembrandts)
Red Light Rippers
Return for Refund
Sound & Fury
The Jamestown Union
The Maladies of Adam Stokes
The Morning Stars
The Pointed Sticks
Turn Off The Stars
We Are The Corner